Thursday, September 13, 2012

Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge


(Original post August 11, 2012 @ mtable.wordpress.com.)

For this post, I was planning on telling a lovely story about how much I love chocolate, and how much my clearly deranged husband hates it. Hence, the peanut butter fudge instead of chocolate fudge. But instead I'm going to complain.
Before I pin a recipe, I always click on the link. I like to check out the ingredients and, when it's a blog, I enjoy reading what the blogger has to say. So it annoys me greatly when I pin a promising recipe only to come back a week later to find this:
AMG REPORTED!
Really? Because I visited the site and found no spam or inappropriate content. In fact, I clicked on this particular recipe at least twice. Once when I discovered it, and once when I made it; however when I went to click on it just a moment ago, I received the grey Pinterest screen of death. This is the second time this has happened to me. I went in search of the original link and found it. I still couldn't find any spam or inappropriate content. It's just a forum with a recipe that I want. Because I hate having broken pins laying around on my Pinterest boards, I did a search and found the recipe at Allrecipe.com. It's exactly the same as my inappropriate pin. It even uses the same image. I'm guessing the original link that I'd pinned was copied directly from Allrecipe.com. Is that a reportable offense or are  people just dicks who get their jollies reporting things for no real reason?
Okay, I feel better. Now that that's out of the way. Let's get to the foods!
Difficulty: 2 (1 = Opening Potato Chips, 10 = Baked Alaska)
Let's get makin'!
Sooooooooo much sugar!
It's simple to make. The instructions are super short. "Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over confectioners sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth; pour into an 8x8 inch dish. Chill until firm and cut into squares."
Here is the the warm mixture freshly poured. It looks a lot like I dumped peanut butter into a pan.
The waiting is the hardest part.
I covered the pan and popped it in the fridge. It took forever to cool. Okay, it didn't really take that long, but I was ready to eat it warm with a spoon. Eventually, it cooled and was ready to nom!
Left: Mine - Right: AllRecipe.com
There's nothing like peanut butter flavored sugar. Just one piece and I think I almost went into a diabetic coma. Yeah, it's just that good. I'm not certain, but it might be addictive. You have been warned, it's super sweet, but it's one of those sweets that's difficult to stop eating. All day I've been popping into the fridge for a piece. Bottom line, if you're on a diet, you may want to give this one a miss, but if you're not and you like sweet things, make this! Make it now!
Final Rating: 9 (1 - Terribad, 10 - Mouthwatering)

No comments:

Post a Comment